Striving for best possible outcome


There when you need us most


Our clients are out first priority

The effects of a motor vehicle accident can be devastating, involving a variety of physical and psychological injuries. These injuries can have far-reaching consequences for individuals and their families. Our firm has provided successful legal services to thousands of people over the years who have suffered injuries in motor vehicle accidents.

Most of us have car insurance, but what if you don’t have an adequate amount of coverage or the right CTP scheme to cover your injuries? Or what if you’re injured as a pedestrian and you need compensation? No matter your situation, our experienced personal injury lawyers are here to help you seek the compensation you deserve.

Who Can Make A Motor Vehicle Injury Claim?

Any road user who is injured in an accident can make a claim, regardless of whether they were a driver, passenger, cyclist, motorcyclist, pillion passenger or even a pedestrian.

It does not matter who was at fault, an injured person can claim an early payment of up to $5,000.00 for medical expenses and/or lost earnings. Additional benefits can then be claimed if the injuries were caused by the fault of another driver, or if the injuries were partially your fault and partially someone else’s fault, and even in circumstances where there was a ‘blameless’ accident. ‘Blameless’ accidents occur when the driver of a vehicle might suffer a sudden illness such as a heart attack or a stroke or a vehicle has an unexplained mechanical issue or other problem.

Benefits can also be claimed on behalf of an injured child up to 16 years of age, regardless of who caused the accident.

What Kind of Motor Vehicle Accidents Can I Claim For?

You may be eligible to make a compensation claim if you have been in any of the following scenarios:

  • You or your child have been injured in a motor vehicle accident or motorcycle accident
  • You were injured in a motor vehicle accident as a pedestrian or cyclist
  • You were injured while on public transport
  • You or your child have suffered psychological trauma as a result of an immediate family member being injured in a motor vehicle accident
  • You have been injured in a motor vehicle accident or motorcycle accident while at work

What Compensation Can I Claim?

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, there are many different factors that will determine what you will be able to claim. These factors include the circumstances around your claim, the extent of your injuries, which party was at fault, and the implications surrounding your injuries.

Car accident injuries can range in severity from minor whiplash to severe spinal injuries, permanent impairment and even death. Some injuries may not fully present themselves until weeks or even months later, making it difficult for those affected to successfully claim compensation.

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be able to claim for:

  • Medical bills and expenses,
  • Loss of income or earning capacity,
  • Ongoing care and assistance,
  • Legal costs, and
  • Pain & suffering.

The amount of personal injury compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injuries. If you are planning on seeking personal injury compensation or workers’ compensation for a motor vehicle injury, you have a limited amount of time to be able to make your claim. It is critical that you find an expert personal injury lawyer as quickly as possible so that you can start to gather all the relevant evidence to support your motor accident claim.

If you are searching for a personal injury lawyer in Wollongong or the wider Illawarra region, we can assist you by providing expert advice and up-to-date information. We have dealt with thousands of personal injury claims for motor vehicle injuries.

If you need advice on a motor vehicle accident injury, or you would like to learn more about our services, get in touch with our top personal injury lawyers, Mark McDonald and Natasha Hewlett.

We will evaluate your claim, help you to gather evidence, explain any reports to you and contact any insurance companies involved. Most importantly, we will assist you to get the compensation you deserve.

It is important that you do not delay the claims process, as personal injury claims need to be made within strict time limits. Contact us today to find out more.

Steps To Get Started

Reach Out

Whether it’s phone, email, or dropping by our Wollongong office, book a date to sit down with one of our team.

Make a Plan

Understanding where you are coming from, and what you are looking to achieve means that our lawyers can craft the best course of action.

Take Action

Whether it’s litigation or mediation, our team of experts have decades of experience in and outside of the courtroom and are committed to reaching the best possible outcome.


Yes, comprehensive car insurance covers all damages and injuries resulting from the accident.

Following a car crash, it is recommended that you exchange contact and insurance details with the other parties involved. If you believe you are entitled to compensation for injuries or damages, contact one of Maguire & McInerney’s experienced lawyers today.

At-fault drivers are generally required to cover the injured party’s costs, including damages, medical bills and other ongoing costs.

Our Motor Vehicle Accidents Team

Mark McDonald


Lewis Bonney


We’re here to help.

Enquire online, or call us today, and we will help you explore all your options. Your enquiry is completely confidential.